Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Fool

I've decided to change the focus of my blog. I'm going to pull a Tarot card each time I post and discuss it's import. Since it's April Fools Day, I'm starting with the Fool.

I love this card. It's a "throw caution to the wind" card that strikes a chord with me. The fool strolls purposely towards the edge of a cliff. Will he fall? Will he notice his direction and change it? Perhaps he'll walk right off the edge and end up airbourne.

Whatever happens, his trust in the universe is evident. His rucksack and his faithful companion are all he needs.

Trust in the moment, companionship, happiness, a beautiful day, contentment with life as it is: these are all any of us really need to be happy. Disaster may strike, but worrying about it won't help. In fact, worry about anything may bring unwanted results about more quickly if it's true that you get what you focus on.

The Fool inspires me to live in the moment and go with the flow. Foolish? Maybe, but life is filled with nothing but moments in time. What are you doing with your moment? Are you enjoying it? When you look for the good in every moment, you are creating your heaven on earth.

Happy April Fool!