Thursday, September 22, 2011

Getting back to where I wanted to go.

I lost track of my intention.  I wanted to find something beautiful every day and post it.  Then life with all it's busy-ness convinced me that I didn't have the time to blog.  I did, however, continue taking pictures of things that delight and surprise me in the Berkeley area. 

I realize that my idea of posting every day was a way of disciplining myself.  I'm really tired of disciplining myself.  I don't know about you, but I've been trying to reshape who I am since I became conscious. 

There's a part of me that is in revolution with this relentless pursuit of perfection, that yearns for acceptance, that is impatient with my lack of self-knowledge and hurt by my self-judgement.

I've been trying to be an ideal me but I have no idea, really, who that is or why the me that I am isn't enough for the me I'm trying to please.  After all, nothing is perfect, which means, in a way, that everything is perfect.  Everything and everyone is exactly the way they need and should be, including myself.  Enough with myPygmalion attempt to bring perfection alive.  Life is change, perfection is unchangeable. 

I declair that it's time to live with and for myself, just as I am.

Which means, in short, that I probably will not post every day, but I'll post as often as I want. 
Here's today's offering of Everyday Beauty:

Found on a fence: "The Sacred Alignments" painted by Ernesto Hernandez-Olmos

Cool, right?