Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Getting the Green Light

Driving with my daughter the other day, we approached an intersection with a green light in our direction.  I started to slow down.  My daughter asked me why I was slowing for a green light.  "Oh", I said, "I never get a green light at this intersection."  At that moment, it turned yellow and I slowed to a stop as the red came up.  "Funny, said my daughter "I get a green light here all the time."
The next few times I came to this intersection with her in the passenger seat, I got green lights.  "Wow!" I said, "You're my green light karma girl."
"Nope", she said, "I simply planted the idea in your head that a green light was possible here.  You went from always expecting red to allowing the possibility of a green.  That's what changed your luck."
Pretty smart kid.
How often we forbid the arrival of something good in our lives by our not allowing the possibility of it!  I hadn't looked at it quite this way before, but it makes sense.  If we don't believe something will happen, it probably won't.  The message from the universe?  Don't stop believing, even in the unbelievable!--Love, Kristine