Thursday, February 14, 2008

This Love Boat is Listing

Valentines day can be a challange. With a partner, without a partner, it doesn't matter.

I had very little sleep last night. I woke up tired and felt overwhelmed by what I had on my schedule today. I got a lovely card, necklace, earrings, and bracelet from my partner, but even that didn't help alter my mood. It's not that I wasn't grateful. I was very grateful. I was just too tired to act grateful. The only thing I wanted to be was asleep.

What to do?

My goal is happiness. Every moment I want to aim towards that goal. How can I achieve it? I was far from feeling happy, and there was a long day stretching ahead of me that I didn't want to just slog through.

I decided to forgo exercising. That wiped one thing off my list. Phew. Stay home and rest. I made that decision after I'd had my coffee, so I couldn't go back to sleep, but at least I had some space to ease into the rest of my day.

Next, I decided to decide, moment by moment, what to do and to carefully expend only the energy I had for each activity and stop when I had had enough.

I've had enough blogging.

See ya next time.