Monday, January 26, 2009

Gung Hay Fat Choy

Happy New Year, and, whew, what a month!

Obama is our President and congratulations to us all!

What happiness throughout my world. So many joyous people are flooding the news, the TV screen, the radio waves, the blogosphere with their happiness and praise for this man. What a lifting of spirits. Hope entered my soul like air enters my lungs. Every cell was refreshed and renewed.

Despite my gushing, I don't see our President as a messiah. He, himself, made it clear that the way to a better world was through personal change. The personal is the political and great strides can be made as we individually plan, dream, and work for a new world.

What strikes me, what really makes me glad, is that I don't feel as alone as I used to do.

I now see that millions of people throughout the world shared my vision of what America can be and how a worthy leader sounds and acts. Because the thoughts and prayers and actions of so many helped Obama into office, it shows that the culture has lifted it's collective consiousness to a whole new level of awareness.

As Abraham says, your thoughts are more powerful than your actions in creating the world you want. So many thoughts, so many "rockets of desire" were launched, that Barak Obama become our president.

I wonder what else will this huge change in attitude will create for us?

I'm guessing a better and happier world.