Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How Curiousity can lead to Trust

I recently had a birthday, and I decided to dedicate this year's journey around the sun to "curiosity".

In doing the Messages from the Universe blog and by actively playing that game I've discovered how random and seemingly minor occurances can teach me how to make my life happier and more fulfilling.  I've learned to trust in circumstance.

My habitural stance in regard to most of the situations I find myself in is a sort of wariness.  I need to feel my way slowly, to examine and process the new experience or person in the hope that it, or they, will not hurt me and perhaps be of value to me.  My immediate reaction to any sort of novelty, in short, is suspicion.

As I've been gathering bits and pieces of debris I've found in the street, or overheard snatches of conversations, I've come to see that often the most unlikely object or comment has resonated with meaning when I look at it with curiousity combined with the willingness to see it as a message.

My approach has evolved from suspision to the assumption that everything I experience has meaning and value.  All I need to do is look for the connection and I will find one, since I'm learning that I attract to myself exactly what I put out there energetically.  With that in mind, I see that everything in my life is a reflection of who I am and what I'm feeling.  My job, therefore, is to find the meaning in each occurance and aquaintance.

I see that what I'm really saying here is that I'm beginning to trust in life.  I'm discoving that I believe in a benevolent Universe, one that wants us to be happy, wants us to feel good and, above all, wants us to express our true nature.  Not only that, it's generous enough to supply us daily with guidance towards our dreams.  All we need to do is look at our world and at each other with curiousity, and with the willingness to believe that everything we experience has enormous value if we simply examine it with an open heart and mind.

Love,
Kristine