Sunday, June 12, 2011

Breaking up is hard to do.


“He gave me a bowl and I saw,
The Soul has this shape.
Shams and actual sunlight help me now,
Being in the middle
of being partly myself
And partly outside.”--Rumi


When you begin to change, it often starts with a crack in the facade of your old self.  Part of you is letting something useless go so the new, more authentic you can shine through. 

Change can feel frightening and painful. “Who am I if I am not the self I thought I was?”  You are an ever evolving, always changing being.  That is the main truth.   

Resisting change is more painful than changing can ever be.  When you accept that change is inevitable then you can flow with life.  As Leonard Cohn says

“Forget your perfect offering, there is a crack in everything, that’s how the light gets in. “ 

When you’re changing, breaking the old patterns and habits and even cracking up around the life's difficult challenges, there is a radiance about you that shines through.   Not only are you polishing, refreshing and renewing your relationship with what is,  you are discovering a more authentic, present, and resilient  you.   What could be more beautiful.