Monday, January 7, 2008

Explaining Myself

On my calendar I read that there is nothing I cannot be, do or have.
Here's the problem I run into: I really get and believe this concept, but clarity about what I want to be, do, or have can be elusive. And, then, there's the mixed results.
For example, I'd love to have my cartoons be "discovered". . . which is why I'm typing up this blog entry. "What if", I think to myself, "someone stumbles on this blog, someone with either money or connections or both, and says to themselves, "Ah, that's a worthy idea for a book! Let's promote her!" "
Then, perhaps, I get enough money to not have to do any other work for a year so I can devote myself to drawing and writing my cartoons so I can get a book published.
Great, right?
But here's the rub: now, I have to work for a year to devote myself to writing my cartoons in order to get a book published.
Anxiety just crept into the equation.
Now, about the new paradigm thing: What I've decided to do this year is just what I want to do, what I enjoy, as much as possible, as much as I can, for all of 2008! Sounds like fun, right? Big, scary, irresponsible fun! What will happen? Will I get my publisher without the anxiety? Maybe. I'm going to try it. Want to join me?
Oh, check out my cartoons at www.kyotedog.com/doggone.htm