Sunday, September 20, 2009

An Explaination

I have decided to widen the scope of my blog to include my other interests. 
I still intend on working with the cards on a weekly basis, but I have been playing a game that has turned into a fascinating study.  The game is called "messages from the Universe" and here's how I play: 
I pose a question at the beginning of my walk some mornings that I'd like an answer to, and then I see what shows up.  For example, one day I started out feeling weighted down by a new project I was working on.  I didn't think I could do what was required to get the job done to my satisfaction.  I saw a large piece of paper lying in a parking lot I was passing.  I picked it up, and it happened to be a page from the storybook "the Little Engine that Could". 
I found that pretty encouraging. 
For those of you unfamiliar with the story, it's a children's story about a little train faced with a hard job.  He "thinks he can" and despite the odds does the job quite well. 
I think the universe was telling me to use my mind to encourage myself instead of dwelling on my imagined limitations.  Of course I can do the task in front of me.  I think, therefore I can! 
In this blog, along with card analysis, I'm going to write the question I ask myself, photograph what I recieve in response to it, and supply the translation that gives me the answer. 
I've been doing this a while, and decided to go public with it.  A friend of mine insists I'm crazy, but I'm convinced that this works.  It's an amazing process and I encourage you to try it.  Let me know what happens.  I'm happy to report your story in this space as well.
The universe speaks to us all the time, through the tarot and in other unlikely ways.  We just need to open up our eyes a little wider and we will find the answers we're looking for.
Love,
Kristine