Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Got Hope?


Yesterday, after I posted the idea that we could be the message we want to receive, I asked myself what message I wanted that day.  I thought about all the problems in the world, in the country, in the state, neighborhood, even in my family.  The news about most of that is so disspiriting.  I longed for messages of hope. 
Right away, I saw a tiny piece of paper.  It must have been a loading tag or something, because written on it was a number and the name of the state of Arkansas.  Immediately I thought of Hope, Arkansas, the former home of past President Clinton. 
Funny universe. I laughed to myself.  It definately was a message of "Hope", and the playfulness of it lifted my spirits.  And I wanted a, well, different answer. Something with more direction in it, something I could work with to activate the hope in me.
 The next thing I picked up was this:

Hmmm.  Figure out what it is.  What is hope?  Immediately I remember what Terry Prachett's character Igor, said in his fabulous story  Making Money, "Prayer is hope with a beat."  So therefore hope is a form of prayer. 
When I hope for something, I have in mind the thing that I want and I envision myself enjoying it.  When I delight in this vision, I activate a vibration in me that brings me closer to what I want.  Hoping for something is the beginning stage of creating the life that you want.
I've got HOPE!
I hope you do too.
Love,
Kristine