Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Matching What You Want

My son has gone through the 2nd of two auditions for a role in a play entitled "The River Why".  It's his first audition for a legitimate theater in Seattle: the Book It Repretory Theater.  He'll find out tomorrow if he gets the part.  Nail biting time.
I wish him luck, but more than this, I genuinely hope and expect the best thing will happen.  Judging from my experience, I think that this is just how life works.  Life gives you the chance to learn and grow and be joyful in so many ways, and when you're faced with an opportunity, I think that there's an internal process that goes on that affects the outcome.  I think if you truly want something and are truly ready for it, you'll match its vibrational quality and it will be yours.  If you're not ready, it won't come to you, and that's a good thing!  Getting something you're not ready for would be a very unpleasant experience.  A similar opportunity will show up when the timing is right and when you're energy is lined up for it. 
Still, I'm so excited about his good fortune in just having the opportunity to audition that I can't help but talk about it with, well, EVERYONE!  It's so great when someone, anyone, choses to follow their heart, and it begins to pay off. 
Besides, if he doesn't get the role, he'll still have the distinction of the attempt, and his conviction that he did his best.  It also means that he can still take his trip over Winter break to tour the theaters in London with his classmates.  That sounds like a ton of fun.
Getting this roll in this play would mean that his first trip to Europe is out.  He'll be in rehersal when the plane takes off for England.  So, although he may not be watching a ton of English theater, he'll be playing the LEAD in a theater in Seattle.  Pretty exciting.
Too bad for Conner, huh?  Talk about win/win!
Anyway, his angels will decide, one way or the other.
But If he does get the part, I'll be in Seattle, front row center.
One of my angels will be on stage!
Love,
Kristine
Click the theater link above to find out more about this play.


Shared via AddThis