Thursday, October 15, 2009

What to do With the Blues

Have you ever woken up in the morning, nothing really wrong, all truly well, but you just can't seem to feel a spark of any kind?  You know the kind of thing I'm talking about.  It's a "what's the use" sort of feeling that makes every step a plod and every task a chore. 

That's what happened to me.  So I asked the question:  How can I turn this mood around and really enjoy this day?  I decided to consult the universe by picking up trash on the street.  Here's what I got as an answer:

This is a good time to indulge in a little nostolgia, to remember the good times you had as a kid and the simple things you did that felt good.  Don't try to change how you feel.  Just reflect on happier days.


By thinking fondly of the past, you plan and plant the seeds of future happiness (yellow is the color of joy)



As you remember the fun you've had and focus on what you like to do, you create an energetic protection against the fog of morose and confusing ideas, forge a way out of the darkness of your "bad" mood, and gently work your way into a clearer, happier atttitude.  Even a little glimpse of the light can be enough to shift your state of mind.

So True.  I feel better.  I hope you do too.  Have a nice day.
Love, Kristine