Monday, May 9, 2011

Phew!

After all my talk yesterday about blogging daily, I almost didn't post today.  So much kept getting in the way of my commitment.  In dealing with all resistance, persistence furthers, so here I am with this photo.

My daily dog walks often take me to beautiful places.  Sometimes there's so much loveliness out there that it's hard to choose just which image I'll use. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and these logs caught mine.  The blue of the lichens, or whatever this is on the side of these dead trees, really struck me.  Not only does their shape and color remind me of barnacles on whales, their presence shows me how much use something dead can be.  The death of everything becomes the food for everything, literally and metaphorically.  Death supports life, and both can be beautiful.